As important as it is to continue to care for your teeth, it is equally as important to make sure your gums are taken care of as well. Because your gums are the supporting structures of your smile, if for any reason they should become damaged, they will not be able to hold and support your teeth as required. Thankfully, an entire branch of dentistry known as periodontics specializes in the treatment of your gums. For more information about periodontics, see below:
– Caring for your smile includes making sure that any issues involving gum disease are taken care of. Periodontics focuses on all stages of gum disease, including gingivitis.
– If you have any missing teeth, periodontists may be able to apply and install dental implants. They can also help repair them if any damage occurs.
– Periodontists are highly trained in advanced treatments because they have received an additional 2 to 3 years of advanced study beyond dental school.
– If there are any reasons you require services such as bone tissue reversals, root service cleaning, root surface debridement, a periodontist can assist you.
– Oftentimes, gum disease goes undetected for many years. Always look for the signs and symptoms of gum disease such as bad breath, bleeding gums, loose teeth, and gum recession. If you are suffering from gum disease, visit your periodontist.
Dr. Rafla and all of our terrific team are located in Worcester and Marlborough, Massachusetts. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Akram E. Rafla, DMD, PC for periodontal care, please call our office at 508.499.3566.